GENERATE YOUR OWN
WASATCH PRECISION ROSETTE SCREENS
When you need a new Wasatch Precision Rosette Screen, you can generate one by following the instructions below. This can be a lengthy calculation, but once it is done, the new screen is saved on disk and can be reused.
- Launch Wasatch SoftRIP and select Setup from the Print menu.
- Select your printer from the Printer Model drop-down menu.
- Click Edit.
- Click Properties and make any necessary changes in the Printer Properties window. Click OK.
- Click Color Transforms.
- In the bottom right corner of the Color Transforms screen, select Wasatch Precision Rosette Screens from the drop-down menu. Click Halftone Properties.
- Click Generate Screen. The following window will open:
- LPI may be set to any number between the minimum and maximum allowed by WPRS for the printer's addressable dpi.
- Angles may be any of the three ISO sets, specifically:
- 37.5, 67.5, 7.5, 22.5
- 52.5, 22.5, 82.5, 7.5
- 45.0, 15.0, 75.0, 0.0
- Available Dot Shapes are:
- Euclidean Round
- Euclidean Ellipse 60/40
- Euclidean Ellipse 70/30
- Simple Round
- Once you've made all your selections, click Calculate.
The calculation process can take anywhere from two or three minutes up to an hour or more, depending on the computer and the particular set of numbers chosen. The calculation can be interrupted at any time by clicking Cancel.